Friday, May 29, 2009

Off to State!


As much as I hate getting up at 5:00 AM on a Saturday morning and driving an hour and a half to San Antonio, tomorrow I'll be thrilled to do it. Last weekend G's soccer team one first in their district, and this weekend is the tournament to decide the state winner.

His team last year won second in district and went to state, but placed fourth. A big disappointment to the team, even though it was a privilege just to be there. We have higher hopes for this year.

No matter what the result, I'm very proud of him and everyone on the team.

It will be a bit bittersweet for me, as G has decided that this will be his last season at soccer. For the most part, I'm happy that he's chosen to let this activity go, since he isn't nearly as gung-ho about the sport as he used to be. But there's still a tiny part of me that's a wee bit sad. After all, he's played soccer since he was 6. A chapter of his life is closing, but another is surely opening. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what's written there.

No comments:

Post a Comment