Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Nourishing Our Children through the Grandeur of the Outdoors

I've been reading a lot lately about how kids need to get outdoors more, how this generation is starved for time with nature. So, along those lines, and because I'm always on the lookout for ways to get my kids out of my hair - um, I mean, provide the best education and environment for healthy brains and bodies - I recently made it a point to have my youngest two spend some quality time together in the clear, clean out-of-doors.


Ah, to be surrounded by nature, to smell the fresh breeze and soak up the healing rays of the sun.


To revel in the glory of the day. To bask in the warmth of the afternoon and feel the fresh breeze against your face.


What could be better for the soul and more nourishing for the mind than to spend long, tranquil moments sharing the splendor with your sibling. For, after all, the two of you share so much of your lives, and even your genetic make-up.


I delight in the knowledge that my children have been enriched by the beauty and magnificence of the breathing, living woods around us, that they have valued the luxury of having the time to spend drinking in the radiance of the day, that they have rested at night knowing that the world that surrounds them is rich with majesty and grandeur.

Uh.

Hmm.

Well, at least they enjoy their drama classes.

No vampires were harmed in the making of this movie.
______________
If you enjoyed this post, you might like My Understated 100th Celebration.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Have you been reading Last CHild in the Woods, by any chance?

    P.S. Need to have T over before we go to Mexico!

    ReplyDelete